___The performance and/or display of copyrighted material(s) is an
integral part of my class.
___The performance and/or display of copyrighted material(s) is directly
related and of material assistance to the teaching content of the transmission.
___The mediated instructional activity material(s) being performed
or displayed would be
• an integral part of my face-to-face classroom,
• analogous to my face-to-face classroom use,
• under my control, and
• under my actual supervision.
___Any displays and performances of mediated instructional activities
• not ancillary materials,
• not used for the entertainment of students, and
• not used as unrelated background material.
___The mediated instructional activities will not displace
• a textbook,
• a course pack,
• digital library resources, or
• any other materials in any media.
___The materials are of the proper type and amount the law authorizes.
• Entire performances of non-dramatic literary and musical works.
• Reasonable and limited parts of a dramatic literary, musical, or audiovisual
• Display of other works, such as images, in amounts similar to typical
displays in face-to-face teaching.
___I checked before digitizing an analog original to be sure:
• I copied only the amount that I am authorized to transmit.(where is
the resource for what amount)
• There is no digital copy of the work available except with technological
protections that prevent my using it for the class in the way the
___I have attempted to…
use technology that reasonably limits students’ ability to
retain or further distribute the materials,
• make the materials available to the students only for a period of time
that is relevant to the context of a class session, and
• store the materials on a secure server and transmit them only as permitted
by this law.
Return to Instructor Responsibilities